Friday, September 6, 2013

My last emails have expressed my worries over money.  I have received a couple of replies from those I sent them to.  Thank you so much for your encouraging words and prayers. 
I decided 4 days ago I would fast.  I know it came from God.  In 20 years of being a Christian, I have never fasted and I needed to hear from Jesus.  I needed to know I was on the right track.  I know He has provided all through this ministry, but to have to think about money every day and where it will come has been very stressful to say the least.  I also decided I would read my Bible all day while I am doing this.  What a peace that brings! 
I have heard from the Lord loud and clear, but not what I thought I would hear.  He showed me all that He has started here through this ministry in 1 year.
It is easy for me forget some of these things as i don't really do any of them; I'm just am here to provide a way for the people here to share the word with there own people.  I think that the way we have done things in the past has had bad side effects.  The main one being the people look more to us (foreign missionaries, foreign money) to provided than they do the Lord.  So I try very hard not to be seen doing things; they are all done through Chinda and Chan.  This is what the Lord showed me:
# 1 the English and bible teachings started in the village 9 months ago are going very good.  There are 28 students one amazing teacher.  Chinda found Mr. Sina.  When he started he had 3 cell groups and now that we are paying him he has 9!  Wow!   He turned down a good full time job at Grace School because he would have to give up some of his cell groups.
# 2 The English/Khmer bible study goes on 5 days a week here with Sina leading us and all the employees, including 4 others from outside who come here to study.
# 3 Fish pond filter, air pump and starter pond are completed at Patrick's farm.  We are putting fish in it this week. 
# 4 The cell group we support in the village down the river is growing greatly.  There were 30 children adults standing to the side to listen in on the word of God!
# 5 We are supporting Chandy in Bile school.  Her mother lives next to the family were we have this formerly stated cell group.  This week she told Chandy that she want to be a Christian!  Wow!  Many people are excited and have patiently been praying for this, especially Chandy.  There is also one other lady who is very curious about Jesus.  Chinda and Chan are going down Tuesday to spend the and night there making sure they fully understand the truth of the good news of Christ.  She will be the first adult Christian in that village.  It will a blessing to watch how the Lord works there.
# 6 The ministry is feeding many families from the meat scarps that we would through away.   This is the only meat these families ever get.  Without it their diet would solely consist of rice.
# 7 Starting to work with Samaritans purse is exciting.  They want me to help them set up water filters and air pumps for village so home church pastors will become self supportive.  They have 26 village churches they want to do this year.  Wow!
# 8 The pizza house employs 2 full time and 2 part time Cambodians at a good wage 50 cents an hour.  All other restaurants pay half this.  In other restaurants, they work 7 day a week, 12 hours a day for 50.00 to 70.00 a month, and full time makes around 90.00 and work 10 hrs and have Sunday off
# 9 Partnering with Andy on bacon sales in Phonm Penh will be huge for us.  This will start next week.
A lot has happened in 1 year.  What I got out of all this is that the Lord didn't start all these thing for just 1 year.  He will see them through!!  Thank you Lord!!
Business has picked back up some, and we will be able to pay rent and electric with money from restaurant thank you all for your prayers, please don't stop.
Picture of cell groups 3 different ones and fish filter operating are here





No comments:

Post a Comment