Thursday, May 23, 2013

Trials


TRIALS 

There are many. Some I knew would come. A lot, I did not.
  
I spent two years here before I came back to do this. It was hard at times but nothing like now. Not that things aren't good.  But starting a mission is nothing like joining one that is already working.  And starting a business mission really is different! I don't know of anyone else doing it! I'm sure there are but I haven't heard of any.
  
The trials of starting a business are hard even if you know all the rules. Doing it in another country is something else. The culture, corruption in government, work ethics are all so different.

Culture. Here no one will tell the boss if he is doing something wrong. You would never think to tell the boss he is wrong. Never. It is disrespectful. It is something I have had to ask Chinda to do over and over again. She is finely starting to say something. After five months. It is very hard for her. But it makes a world of difference to all in this ministry. 
 
Work habits. Wow! First of all everything they are doing is different. They have never seen meat slicers or electric grinders. These are tools we take for granted. Their jobs they do are very simple. There are not many many steps to do it right.  It over loads them.  they're not stupid. t is  just that they have never had to deal with this many things at one time.  They're getting used to it but I have to check everything too make sure it is up to standards. Which they think are way beyond what is needed. Easy to understand if you stop and see how they have to live. Dirt floors and thatch roofs.  They are very clean for what they have but nowhere close to what is needed in meat productions. People get sick from food all the time. It is a fact of life. Like head lice. you see them sitting picking at each others hair. Sometimes three in a roll. It takes a great deal of patience. Something the Lord is working on me all the time.
 
Being to work on time. This stars in school but it is okay if you are late. No problem!  So of course it carries on the rest of your life. Very hard for me to deal with. They are starting to get better slowly slowly. And I am starting to understand it more as well.
 
Not have having a three hour lunch. We are now down to one-and-a half hours.

They say I am to fast. I know I am but nothing like in the States. I am always having to slow down.

Getting something you need to work. No hurry. They have never had a reason to hurry. Nothing is ever going to change. If you asked them to get you something they just stand there for awhile looking at you. Why would you need it right this minute? 

The biggest one for me is they never put things back in the same place. Might be there three or four times then you go to get it and they moved to another room. Have finely got that stopped. In the process I hurt some feelings. Drives me crazy. Lord help me to work with people, not against them!

The government bribes to get get anything done. They only pay government works 50 dollars a month. They figure if you want to get it done you can pay them for it. 
 
Well just a few of the challenges I face everyday. Things are getting better slowly, slowly.

God is so good to help me with these things. 

God Bless from your bother in Christ Jesus.  

These are amazing times and God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment