Friday, January 25, 2013

A Hummer. Some bacon. And a General....

This is from a couple days ago.

----------------------------------------------

So, around four this afternoon, Chinda, Chan and I are sitting on front porch talking about a meeting tomorrow at pastor Wuty's church from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.  They want me to go. Sure. No problem.   

Well, this Hummer pulls into the yard.  Chinda says they must be looking for owner.  The driver gets out. Very rich man. Must have had 5,000 dollars worth of gold on and his wife has diamond ring. So big it almost blinds you!

He wants bacon.

We talk for awhile. Tell him it will be a few weeks till can make any.  He asked if could make him some now. He was told I make the best bacon in Cambodia. Speaks very good English.  Asked where he is from. Pu Sat, 50km north. Asked how he found out I did bacon. Said his good friend the General told him.  

I have coffee with General Nat San most mornings at 6:00!  

He said every body knows you make bacon.  The strangest thing is Mr. Nat San has never tasted my bacon.  Word travels fast here.  May be the only thing that does go fast here. 

He really wanted it now.  I had to explain how long it took to make and that I was waiting on funds from US to start.  He wanted to how much to start.  Told him 25,000 to buy machines. Have to come from Malaysia.  He said he could loan me the money.  Explained to him that wouldn't be necessary.  it will still take 6 to 8 weeks to get machines and that I already had the funds. just waiting for everything to come together.  Wow! 

He left after talking with him about 1 1/2 hours. He supplies the army with goods. That is all he would say.  But he did say when I go to order call him first. Thinks he can speed up delivery time.  And if there is any way could make a little for him before that he would be very grateful. I think he's used to getting what he wants when he wants it. Will be calling him as soon as I have some. 

You can bet on that! 

God is so good!

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment