Friday, January 18, 2013

a week with pastor john

left pastor at airport last night.  was very sad time for me.  I came to know him as a dear friend and parting with a friend is never easy.         

what a week it was!  one of the best I have had in a long long time.  we were able to talk to many other missionaries. it was totally all the Lord doing.  John may have gotten information over load.  for me, for the last 6 month i have felt like i haven't done anything but make friends and relationships.   I do  business is the way Lord programmed me for.   and not been doing any of that.  been doing everything i though i was no good at.  but seeing it through John's eyes i see i have been doing just what i needed to do.  

you have no idea how that makes me feel.  when we are weak He is strong.  believe me when i say it has all been Him, not me.   i have just been me. didn't seem like much, but after seeing it all condensed in one week showed me i have done just what the Lord wanted me to do.  now time for me to do what i came here for. need others to pick up the pieces i won't have time to do now.  Praying God will send others to pick up where i will have to let go to do bacon. The lord gifted all in different ways  


being here by my self has been very hard. many many days i have not left my room because felt i wasn't doing anything. and very time you go out so many need so much. just to eat. so hard to see and not be able to do anything about it.   but then this last week showed me i have done a lot with very little.  sometimes that is the way it is.  as Americans we think money is the answer to every thing.  don't get me wrong.  it takes money to do anything.  but i had to go through this time to see that money not used right does more damage than good. 

i don't do any thing unless Chinda says to. seems strange but she knows her people so much more than i do.    like giving small money to kids on the street.  your heart says help but most buy glue with it. so giving them any thing is just buying them drugs.  glue cost 500 reil. twelve cents. help to destroy a life with twelve cents.   buying toy.  they need food not toy.  what we take for granted does not work here.  i would have made so many blunders with out Chinda.  i thank God every day that He put her in my life. she has stopped me from making so many mistakes.
  
one thing that is hard here is talking with them about things we take for granted. like meat slicer. i bet there are only 5 in the whole country so they have no idea what i am talking about.  so many things like that.  everything is done like it was 150 years ago in the US. they are that far behind.  they're not dumb. they just  have not ever seen so many things we have seen since we were young.  but when they do see it the look on their face says it all.    

if others would just come for a few weeks or months. i bet many would never want to leave.  the first couple of weeks is shock. after that you begin to see how they live so simple. so happy with so little.  if you never saw it you never miss it.   

well, will let  you go. lots of love from bother in Christ Jesus. half a world away but still together.  only God could do something like that.   thank you all. i couldn't do any of this without you. i am just the hands and feet. you are the rest of the body.  love from Cambodia

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment