Thursday, July 19, 2012

Traveling to Rokakong


A little note from David on behalf of Mark!

I have had the joy of skyping with Mark these last two days. Been wonderful! We have decided to connect to skype every day at five in the afternoon my time which is 14 hours later, or 7 in the morning Mark's time. Seems to work very well for now.

Mark is feeling better today. Chicken soup must help no matter what country you are in!

Further down you will see that he is headed for RK this day. Please pray for travels and for meeting just the right person to connect with!

You will see that Mark still has his own sense of humor and is very open to sharing. I edit very little and just try to let Mark's words speak for themselves. So as you read this blog remember that Mark is only human with a desire to do whatever and go wherever the Lord directs him.

Mark is very thankful for all your prayers. 

So with all that said, here is Mark's latest.

July 20, 2012

Just got back from meeting with Christina. They have had a orphanage about 120 km from PP but are moving it here now. Think it will be easier for them. They only had 2 volunteers in four years. They could use some help. They have 22 children they take care of by themselves. They bought a big house here and have room for volunteers to live with them. 

Would only cost about 500 month for someone to live with them, teach and play with children. Who wouldn't want to do it? I'll send you her email.

A God thing meeting Christina. Not much I can do for them other than have our church family pray for them. But if someone was looking for something to do it is right here. 

What's keeping you? Planes leave every day! Ha ha.

Anyway she gave the email for Vietnamese man from Canada working with boat people. Will email him and see if he can help us out or lead in the right direction. Also got 2 other contacts. Was really a God thing Andy sent address. Wasn't going to even answer it but thought what if they had something I could do that really needed done now. Well as it turns out she had more for me than I have for her. Sure glad I listened to God and went.

Big day!

But also found out Rokakong (RK) may not have a guesthouse. Going tomorrow. (It is Friday morning for Mark and he is on his way to RK right now!) If no guesthouse will see if can stay somewhere. If not will spend day learning as much as I can. Pray for guesthouse.

Also need to add some to contact list. As you can see I tried but no luck. I hate these things. Never did like anything I wasn't good at.

Busy day. Love it. Not really, but for here it was. Went through PP at rush hour in tuktuk. Forgot how exciting that can be! Ha ha! good day! Wish you were here.

And a little more....

David how come I can take apart a motor with over 500 pieces, leave it for 2 or 3 days, put it all back together and no parts left over?! Parts left over are a big problem. But I can't figure out how to send pics? Going to computer store tomorrow and will pay them to show me. Won't cost much.

If no guesthouse in RK (that is the name I just wasn't saying it right.) Still can't! Anyway, think I will go on to Kampong Chnam the bigger city we talked about. Don from Canada was there. Don't want to stay in PP. Costs too much. Can always come back. About a two hour bus ride. Taking moto tomorrow. Cost a lot. 20 to RK.

But don't want to miss stop on bus. Sometimes they say they know what you are talking about but really don't. Once I said I wanted to get off somewhere. They thought somewhere else. I was 30 km past were I wanted to be. Late at night. No guesthouse. Thank God a family had me stay with them. Forgot all about that. Better to pay more the first time then I will know where RK is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment