Saturday, July 28, 2012

Lee Lee and Sanat


Well been very interesting few days.

Nothing much to report. First two days I just ran all over Phnom Penh to find the right photo printer. Wanted Canon 800. Small and can use battery. Finally found one in the smallest camera store you ever saw. The store was only about 6x20 but packed to the roof with camera stuff. Was sure he wouldn't have this printer. Big store only had big one. Not battery powered. This printer is only about 5x5x2. Amazing little thing. The color is actually on the paper. I hope it will have a giant effect on the village.

Took along enough to find. I used it at the guesthouse just practicing. Every one there was amazed. So should be something in village.

Printer 119. Two 12 volt batteries will last about 20 photos. So expensive but I think well worth it. Two pack photo paper and inset 50.00. 208 photos.

Found projector too. It was more than I wanted to spend. Not very many to choose from. I used all my own money on these things as there isn't enough in fund for them. But that doesn't matter. What matters is I make relationships in the village. Above Vietnamese floating village so have way to get to them.

The only way to really reach them is by boat. That's why this is called a floating ministry. But all things in their time. First I will go to village on Saturday. Take and give photos. Oh, also bought cheap card for camera. Wanted to be able to take photo of villagers as photo comes out of the printer to show. But have to have chip in printer. Any after make some small opening in village then come show movies if it looks like I can show Jesus Film at some time. So could use prayer for God to put all the right things in place.

Last night sitting on river front a boy and girl from university stopped to talk. Wanted to practice English. The girl asked about my tattoo. I told her what it meant. Both are Buddhist but have heard of Jesus through people coming doing things in their village. Said they put on show but never really found out any more about it. Lee Lee and Sanat. We talked till 12:30 at night. They just couldn't hear enough about how Jesus works. By then most of the night was gone. They want to meet again tonight. So I said I would.

I was going to go back to Kampong Cham today but God has something for me to do here at this moment. Pray that God does a miracle tonight. We talked about Buddhism and the difference in it and Jesus. I never put Buddhism down. Just kept saying that the biggest difference is forgiveness. And someone to talk to that loves me and will show me the way. Will go deeper tonight. Pretty deep last night. They have many questions. And it takes a little time to be able tell them in a way that they can understand. That were me being here for three years before really makes a difference.

If you just come for a few weeks you understand that they have no idea what you are talking about if you put in US terms. Things so different here. Same same but way different. Like trying to tell Rocky I wanted special photo printer. Couldn't understand why until he saw the one I got then it all made sense. That's one thing I forgot. If it works why would you get one that was different even it was better?

Well I have been beating myself up over spending that money. But I don't know any other way to go about it. Like I said I always went with a team that already had contacts. Never really thought about this part much. But God did. So will just go with it. It's not that I had any other place to put the money or spend it just after buying this. Now I won't have have much left after buy moto. But that's ok too. God is in charge. And if I don't spend the money on what is needed why am I here at all? Sending more pics. Well just tried to send pics. I hate this thing. Believe me. Don't what to do figure it out. Later.

God Bless.

Everything going good here. Don't worry. If for some reason I don't contact you, will try to let you know beforehand. But some days don't feel like it. I wouldn't even attempt this without you. Thank you again.

1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying reading your stories. We will be praying for these two college students. I miss our times getting together.

    ReplyDelete