Monday, July 30, 2012

Honesty



Well let me see if I can do this again. I just wrote a whole page and lost it. I hate these things. I know it's in here somewhere but I can't find it!

So anyway, my card ran out this morning so went to get some more money on it. I wanted 20.00 but she only put 8.00 on. I'm not sure how that happened but that is the way it goes sometimes. Be happy you got what you wanted. Everything takes a little longer to get done here. But that's not a bad thing. Sometimes when you're waiting you meet people you never thought you would.

I went to a house church with Samnue. It happened to be with the man from the States. Very nice. Met his family. Didn't have much time before church to talk and he wasn't too interested in talking after church. I did get to tell him why I was here and what we hope to do. That a team of six was coming over in January. But he was not very interested. They have been in Cambodia for three years. Eight months here in Kampong Cham. There was only 2 other Cambodians, my self, his wife and their six children. Quite a hand full. Not sure what church they're affiliated with. Like I said didn't want to talk much. Going to go over to his house sometime this week. Pray that God will open minds. Anyway he should be of some help just filling us in on what he has been doing.

He was teaching English but his daughter said the students all quit coming. I'm sure there is more to that story. But like I said I'm sure that he will be able to help some.

While was in village with Rocky who lives by lake Tonle Sap I saw many big boats just like we discussed for the ministry. So we went and talked with a few of boat sellers. We can buy a boat that will work for the ministry and is already built. Will need just a few changes for around 7000. The boat is about 35 feet long and will sleep 5 or 6 inside. We will need a boat to reach the Vietnamese there on the river. Very hard to get to if you don't have boat. There is village right above and across the river. If I can make some relationships with them I think I will be able get to them. So my main point right now is trying to break through. Pray that the photos open doors. That God uses them the way He desires.

What else? So much to remember. It's not that I have done that much. It's just that it takes so much to get things done here. I totally forgot I'm still at US speed. I don't get aggravated at all. It's just the way it is. The things that don't bother me here would drive me crazy back there.

Like bus back from PP. bought a ticket the day before because there are only so many seats. Wanted 10.30 morning bus. No problem. I had seat number forty and so did another guy. He was on the bus first so I took the next bus. I didn't even say a word. It has happened too many times before. If you say anything they just say “yes we did.” Actually they only say “yes.”

Sometimes they decide not to run the bus cause there aren't enough people. Makes sense. Can't pay the expense. No move. You make sure you are one of first ones on the bus. Forgot about that. Not next time!

Real humid today. Road really muddy. Only the highway is paved. So I took my new used moto for a spin. 20 km to next town. Took a photo of three kids but forgot to take extra chip. Put in my printer bag right now. They said all all tom tom. Very good. I didn't stick around because I would have ended up having make a bunch of pics and that is not were we want to be. It was next to Vietnamese village in the pic I sent you. But every one was out fishing. I want to be able to get right close so they can see the photo being made. There is one problem with Vietnamese. I don't have any one that speaks it yet. From what Don said I was going to have hard time doing that. We'll find someone. It's just a matter of looking in the right places. 

Sure wish I could have arrived here about six weeks earlier. But then I wouldn't have had any of my own adventures and couldn't do without those.

I have tell you David I am really out of my league here. I know business. I know what works. I see thing that aren't working before anyone else does. I do the math over and over and over. I look at what others are doing and find the ones that work and try to model mine after them. Maybe a few little changes. But if they're making money and have been why would we want to change anything? I know how to do it in a Godly way.

I know I am putting pressure on myself. Or Satan is. But I feel I'm not the one to do all that needs to get done. I mean just getting into the village to start fish pond or chicken farm is going to two or three months. Trying to get all the other things lined up as well. I'll get it done. Let me tell you it will be a God thing. Don't get me wrong I'm not a quitter. I came here to do what God told me to do no matter the cost and I mean that with everything that I am. It's just that when it comes to talking with a teacher or a doctor, I don't have clue what to say. Seventh grade does not buy you much education. I wish kids could see the consequences of their action. For that matter I wish I could!

Well I know what they are and I am not willing to go there. So anyway what I have decided I need to do is work on the business side of the ministry. Quit worrying about the other things and let God do what he does. If I do what I know then God will fill in the blanks. I just needed to let you know this. I have been putting my self under too much pressure to do things that I don't need to worry about. So just letting you all know. I am okay. Don't worry. I know this going on an on so go through and pick and choose what you put on the blog. But that last part keep to the pray list. What do you think?

I am going to show Disney movie in the lobby tonight. I'll let you know how it goes. It will really be a bid deal here. They don't have a theatre.

Then tomorrow I'm taking the printer to village. Pray that God works in that it opens a door. Talk with you in the morning.

God Bless

___________________________________________________________________

I Need to make a statement. I am sure I have said this somewhere before. Think it bears repeating.

Mark writes from his heart what is going on with the ministry in Cambodia. It is not always polished. Not always the best grammar. And I often have to read between the lines to make sure I am understanding what he has written correctly!

This blog site about MFM is not meant to be flashy or loaded with lots of "gloss." It is simply here to convey what the Lord is doing in, through and by the power and leading of the Holy Spirit. 

Mark has often asked me to delete certain parts of what he writes. Not!

What you read here is completely and totally all Mark's words. His feelings, His struggles. His joys and convictions. This is all about the journey to which God has called Mark. Read what is written in these blogs with all of the above in mind.

With love from all of us involved with MFM,

D

No comments:

Post a Comment