Monday, September 10, 2012

a beautiful gift

Another God filled night.


Mr. Sawit runs a private school. Has Bible study on Saturday. I talked with older kids. About half of 20 students
are Christian the other half checking it out.  Coming because class half price if they go to Bible study. They wanted to know how I knew it was God telling me to come to Cambodia.  I told them at first I thought He was crazy but after I returned to America God kept telling me to go back and put me with three great churches that now support me here. That I couldn't do what I am doing if God did put all the right pieces together. 

We prayed that God would send them a full time helper, besides a teaching volunteer. Would become part of big family. It would also help Mr.Sawit as his school would have an American teacher so more students would want to come to his school.  He has a room at his house for volunteer.  I am sending pics of this class and kindergarten class. Pray that God sends someone to these children.  





When I told them that my churches back home were praying that God would send someone to them they clapped and thanked God.  Even the ones that aren't Christian they want to learn so much.  They're at class at 5:00 pm.  I told them that I would come back every Thursday until God sent someone else. They thanked me over an over.   

I really don't like school but when you are wanted so much how do you tell them no.  I couldn't.  So now have Bible class Wednesday night and Thursday morning.  The Lord's got to be laughing at me. Never say never. You think I would learn that sooner or later.   

When I left Cambodia in 2010 I told myself I would do anything but teach. Now that is all I am doing. Ha Ha! Laughs on me. 

So here is a story you will find hard to believe.  

Mr. Sawit  has been married for two years. Had baby girl ten month after married. Then a friend of theirs calls them. Tells him that at 8:00 that lady came in to have baby. All ready have five kids. No husband. No money. They delivered baby and put it in plastic bag then put it in the trash.  Four hours later nurse comes back. Baby is crying. No way it should be alive was wrapped tight in bag  so nurse decides to keep baby and takes it home.  Goes to the Monk the next day. Asks Monk about it. Monk says mother and baby's birth dates not good for her to keep. Throw it away. Bad karma.  She can't so she calls Mr.Sawit. He and his wife feel God telling them to take her  dates. Mean nothing to them. They are Christian. She is beautiful. A gift from God if there ever was one. Yo u also have to understand that theyreally don't have the money for another baby this soon after being married. But God does.  I am so blessed to part of what God is doing here.     

Thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment