Monday, September 10, 2012

Sunday School


Here are some pics from Sunday School. The Pastor's daughter Sral is the teacher. She is 11 years old and very serious about teaching.  Kids grow up so much fast here. They start helping around  as soon as they can walk almost.  





They have so much respect for each others feelings.  I was sitting on the floor with my legs stretched out and Sral just stood there wanting to get by but couldn't step over my legs. Shows disrespect to a adult to step over them.  I had to move my legs. Took a minute to figure out. They kept telling me to move my legs so she could get by. Just when you think you know something you find out just how much you don't know.  

Worked at the church this morning taking away the grass. Better to have just dirt. Don't have water and can sweep. Have to pack water. I was thinking as I was working just how much we spend on our yards back there. Would feed a family. 

Also a few pics of fire wood. They use this to fire the brick kilns. They are cutting the forest down so they can build.  I know they need to build but they are going to pay the price for it in the long run. Would be nice if they could at least use coal. These wood yards go on are along ways. There are many brick yards close also. 




A pic of the room of one of the church member. She pays 20.00 a month. About 8x10 in size. Shares bathroom and cooking area with six other families.


No comments:

Post a Comment