Monday, September 17, 2012

Roots. Lessons. Thanks!


It has been 5 years sense i have had a place that I could call home.

For the last five years I have been traveling doing the Lord's work wherever He asked. Now it looks like I have a place to settle down. You don't know what a peace that brings to me. The village, the church, and fish farm is going to be small but beautiful. Will be able to make big impact on community in time. I am really looking forward to having a place that I can put some roots in the ground.  

Don't get me wrong. The traveling and being able to do so many different things has given me so much insight as to what I should be doing. I have been blessed because of it many times over.  But knowing you are only going to be somewhere for a short time there is only so much you can do.  I really believe this is right where the Lords wants us, MFM, to start to reach the people on the Mekong.  

At first I wanted to be somewhere that there wasn't any help for the people.  But as time went by I saw that being by myself was not a good thing. No one to pray or talk with. No one that understands why and what the Lord had put on my heart three years ago to do. Now I have many many Christians that support and want what God has given me, and all of us with MFM, to offer.  Also have Cambodians that will help me not to make too many cultural mistakes and will be here for giving input when I do. 

Pastor Rith is also a visionary looking ahead to see what he can do to advance the word of God in his country.  They have been making plans for someone to come and help them here for a long time.  Not just waiting to see what God does, but making plans for the future. such as the school that Mr. Savet has started at his house. It  will have three rooms for volunteers to stay in while they teach English and the Bible.  They have been working on the house for over two years. Some of the money coming from the States. 

Mr. Rith wants to start English Bible school to raise men up to spread the Word all over Cambodia. I believe that with us working together that we can have huge impact for the Lord. I have learned so much in the last two months.  More about not being a lone ranger but also that it is just what it is to start something new sometimes.   Someone just to step off the cliff and see where God takes you. 

I thank the Lord that I didn't have to step off by myself.  That there are many others back home praying and supporting Mekong Floating Ministries. None of it would be possible without all of us doing what we can. That is the amazing thing about this. The the Lord put in me at Mosaic Fellowship, Community Ministry, Valley View Baptist, Marlin Yoder. So many amazing people on fire for the Lord.    

I am so blessed to part of all of this.   

Thank you Lord. 

Well now I have to write up a real business plan with estimated time line. I actually have something to do that I will be able to see to the end.  

God Bless 

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment