Sunday, September 9, 2012

Village church and teachers needed


What a day!  

Just got back from church in a local village near Kampong Chanang. A God thing!      

Mr. Rith goes to three different churches. One is about 50 miles away. I don't think I have ever been more humbled in my life.  As we are singing hymns this man comes up and kneels before me and starts praying. Not sure what he was praying but felt the Lord moving. Here I am the one getting blessed. 

It is hard to understand just how spiritual they are. It is their way of life. Only now, they believe in the right Spirit.  God's Spirit. The true Spirit of Christ.

The reading was Psalms 69. Then I was asked to explain it. There are times when you are truly thankful that you know your Bible. You have to be very careful that you put things right because they believe what you tell them. America does everything right. If only that were true. 

I took some pics but forgot to put the memory card in so can't download until back in Kampong Cham. 

The land the village church is on was donated by one of the members. Mr. Rith was very pleased when he told me they all support themselves as a fellowship now. I think he was the money behind the starting. The village church started under a tin roof in 2002. A new church building was raised in 2007.  There is a small thatch house that the watch lady and her kids live in and small brick house started all wrong by a church group from L.A.  They are going to take it down and do something with the bricks.   

Mr. Rith wanted to know if I wanted to do fish ponds here in Kampong Chanang. I told that we might be able to do something after we have the one in Kampong Cham running good. I was wondering why everything here seems to be falling into place when it is in the wrong place.  I just strike it up to satan that he wants to side track where God has told me to go. There must be something going to happen or he wouldn't care.  

Looking forward to it!   

God Bless,

Mark

An update

Church last night it seems strange that even when you can't understand a word of a song you feel the Lord's presence all around you.  Their instruments are so old no one in the states would even put them in a yard sale.  But the music is out of this world. Has to be a sweet sweet sound to the Lord's ears. Was to mine.  I just felt so blessed to be part of it.  

It's so strange. You come here to bless them and you get more blessing than them. God is so good.  It has got to make Him so happy to see these people turn from Buddhism to Him.  When you talk with them they are so excited about Jesus, the Living God.  You can't but help feel what they feel and want to help them. 

Tonight I met a young man that Mr.Rith raised. Not his son. Now he has started a English Bible school working with poor children  They can go to school for half price if they go to Bible class. All of them go to Bible class. He also asked me for help. The first place I go is how much money. I mean the question is wide open.   But that is not what he wanted. What he wants is for me to stay and teach him and his students English and the Bible.   

So here in eight days God has shown me again just how much we are needed over here. Especially right here in Kampong Chanang.  I am really confused on this whole thing.  But why should that surprise me. God seems to work that way a lot.  He knows the end. We don't.   

So after church we are talking again. The men and Mr. Rith say I can start ponds on church land in the village 20 km from Kampong Chanang  and live in this house. I think he was meaning the church but not sure and did not want to press the issue.  Just let it go by.  If I start asking questions they assume it is done.  I don't understand why all these doors are opening here. Going slowly, slowly.     

I'm not at all sure about doing fish ponds here but the need for someone that can teach. Two years college would be perfect. If you don't think you can do it look at me. Seventh grade education.  I wouldn't recommend that but God can use you. Commit to at least six months. Preferably a year. Takes you one month to get over jet lag.  Another month or two to really start to feel at home. The longer, the better. For you and them.    

God will rock your world!  

So in summary.  Teacher needed at two churches. One Bible school looks pretty full time. Oh, and house provided.  You need plane ticket and 400.00 to 500.00 a month to live on. 

See you soon!  

God Bless!

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment