Monday, September 3, 2012

In school. Again!


I returned to same guesthouse in Kampong Chanang where I stayed last time I was here. Lady saw my tattoo
and said that the Boss "same same." That is, a Christian also.  Later she asked if I wanted to go to church. Just stood there a minute, not that I didn't want to go, It's that there have just been so many things happening.  

I just keep saying thank you Jesus!    

So I say "yes" after what seems too long a time. She says "One hour."

Now I have no long pants here.  Ok. I run to the market. This always takes longer than you think. Had to get pant hemmed. 

Late. 

Race back to my room and change. Boss already gone but Dary will take me. Follow her. I get there in middle of service but didn't feel awkward.  Did feel the Holy Spirit. WOW!  Couldn't understand a word but what a time to pray. 

Ian came to my mind very strong.  Please pray for him.

Was praying God would show me why he brought me back here.  Knowing full well he would. Thanking Him for all different view of Him.  That is it.  Over here you have time to wait for Him to move and be ready to do when He asks. Some would say there is a price to pay.  Comfort of home, family, friends, but if the Lord has put it on your heart he replaces it with thing just as good.  Even better!  Well, maybe just different.   

So after service the men want talk with me. Small talk then finely get around to why I am here. What am I doing here.  Tell them I live in Kampong Cham.  That I am planning to do fish ponds and water filters with poor families.  No one has heard of filter for fish pond. That my church sent me out as a missionary. Don't know why but never really feel that isn't not worthy.  Maybe I just have come so far from the other side it's hard to believe where I am sometimes from where I was.          

Amazing Grace!

I said I was there to meet the owner of the guesthouse. The Pastor said "that is me!"  Another great big WOW! Back at the guesthouse we talk for quite awhile. He asked if I could help his church. That's a hard one.  I said what could I do.  He said come every Thursday at 8:00 and teach the children English. I told him I never finished school. Can't spell very good. No grammar.  Kind of embarrassing when you put it all together.

What's the song say? "We don't always get what we want but we get what we need." Can you believe that the first Christian I meet in 2 different cities, 200km apart both named Rith?  Mr.Rith says "it doesn't matter? just small children. Pronunciation. Vocabulary."  Said I would pray about that. I have to drive moto to and from here. He said "yes." I mean just "yes." So it takes five hours moto one way. Two nights. Guesthouse costs twenty a week.  Would say yes at least for the five months.  But then I am speaking from a lot from emotion.   

Will be talking with others. I am staying till this Thursday. Said I would go this week.  Then thought "what are you going to teach them?"  I will go to the market and buy different fruit. We work on Khmer and English words    then eat the fruit. That should work. 

I tried my hardest stay out of school and God keeps putting me back in it.   

God Bless  

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment