Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Direction. Cham or Chanang?

Went to lunch today at church members house. Never thought you could be
so blessed with so little.   Lunch was rice, one small fish and veggies.  So
good!   

But the best part was just being with the family.  Lin is from a poor
family. Felt bad for eating their food but they seemed so happy I would
come to there house.  Lin is poor but her sister is poorer so she
took her three children to live with them so they could go to school. Otherwise 
they would grow up poorer than their parents.  I let the kids take pics
with my camera.  They had never used one before.  I forgot just how
excited they are with one. They must have taken a pic of everything in
their house.   As I drove away from their house I was so happy and 
blessed. I was thanking the Lord for letting me be part of what is happening here.



Self portrait


Cambodian pick-up

Rice comes with every meal!













Which brings up the question where to start ministry. Kampong Cham
or Kampong Chanang.  I have been in Kampong Cham for 5 weeks and the
only Christian I have any support from is Rith, the young boy I have been
writing about giving me Khmer lessons.  Other than that nothing. A little
from Pastor Adams but we are on different pages. He does see the
advantage of doing business and ministry but not excited about it at all.  
It seems like every thing the Lord is having me do there is a struggle and I
have to make it work.  Nothing is falling into place. Hoping Suong
will be different but most likely not as there isn't any church that I
know of there. So will be on my own much of the time.

Now Kampong Chanang is another story. There are around 30 guesthouses
here and the Lord directs me to pick the one that the owner is a pastor of three 
churches.  Also works with government in medical field.
Wants us to start fish farm at village church, live on that land, and
teach both at churches and Bible school.  I am so welcome here I
don't want to leave.  Not sure what to do or where to stay.


Perspectives course said don't do anything until you find the "Person of Peace."  
feel that Pastor Rith is that man.  I have never been more welcome.  I
eat a lot of my meals with them.  Yesterday, Pastor took me to dinner.
while at dinner I meet Chief of Kampong Chanang and a few other
important people.

As we were talking about where the ministry should start farm I said I didn't
know where God wants me. Pastor said he did and it was right here. 
He was very serious.  I tend to believe him.   I am going to stay here
until Monday so I can go back to church in village. Take better look
around.  Will let you know as it happens.   

God Bless 

Mark

I don't want to sound like I am trying to talk others into my way of
thinking. Just trying to let you know what is going on.


So as I am praying asking the Lord if I should stay here or Kampong
Cham  I get the words "how many doors do I need to open for you before
you will go through it."  It's like everyday something is happening that
says stay here.


The draw backs are we are not on the Mekong River yet, but we can still work
with Don (Worldteam) and the Vietnamese in Kampong Cham.  Also the
largest population of Vietnamese boat people live right here in Kampong
Chanang.  Then there is Rith. I talked to Pastor about him. He can come
and work with me here if he would want to move here. If you have been
reading the two weeks of the blog you will know what I am talking about
with doors being open here.

I have support here if something was to happen or make mistake with
someone have others to help me work it out.

The cost of everything is about the same. House would cost less as it is
already started.  it take about about 4000.00 to start and 1500.00 a
month for 6 months to complete.

It seems that all the things we talked about at the last meeting at
Karens house has lined up here and I haven't really done anything but
be here.

Oh and the property here already has one pond on it.  

God Bless 

Mark 

No comments:

Post a Comment