Monday, August 27, 2012

a unique conversation

Met this afternoon with Minister of Fisheries. Very nice man.  I took him
to lunch with Dary, Frank's wife, as she speaks good English. After I
explained what I want to do he was very happy and supportive that we
would want to help his people. He wanted to know why I would do this.


I had told him I am a Christian, but now got the joy to explain why.  
I said that Jesus says that if he blesses us we are to pass the blessing 
on to others. And Jesus told me to come to help the poor farmers in Cambodia.  
He wanted to know why Cambodia.  So I told him that after the first time I came here
as a tourist I read books about what the US did to Cambodia. Dropped so
many bombs that felt I should try to do something to make up for that.
He couldn't believe it.  I told him that before I was Christian I
never really helped others much but now that is what God has put on
my heart and that I plan on staying here for the rest of my life.  He was
so happy. Made me happy too.

Well, about our conversation on fish.  He will give us all the help he
is able. He wants us to raise tiger fish. They are harder to raise so will
work into that.  But they bring seven times as much money.  $7.00 to $13.00 a
kg.  Tilapia $1.50 kg. The big reason for starting with tilapia is they
are very hard to kill where tiger fish are a lot harder to raise.  He
thought we should raise about eight ponds of tilapia then start tiger fish
after everything is working good.  He said he would help a lot as we
change.   

I can't believe how God is opening doors!  One of his questions was how 
much money I needed to make.  I told him that I was more
interested in helping his people than me making money.  Said I have
enough money every month to live on so that could put most of what was
made into loaning other farms money to start. All at a very low interest rate.
Said I didn't want to just give money. That no one ever gave me money
and that I was not going to just give it away but that I would only
charge about 2% interest. I told him many times that this was just
a plan, but, like I said before, once you start talking they just
figure it is a done deal.  As we were leaving he said "Ok, you start in
February."  I said this was just a plan. He said "yes, you start in February!"
What could I say. I just let it go!

So now it is up to you at home to see if this starts in February.  I
really can't do any more until we decide if we are going to do this project.  

Once I get the go ahead I will move to Suong and start working on medical and
teaching.  And working on getting volunteers to come and help.

But I can't do anything until I find if this is something that
people want to support.  I know it is about $15,000 but it is a one
time thing. After the first year it supports itself and gives money
for the next farm to join.  Should read the last few blogs. It outlines the
whole program. It also puts a fellowship in a town that doesn't have one.


Oh I talked with Pastor Adams. His mind has changed 100% on ministry and
business. He will help in any way he can. Will pray about coming to
Suong to do Sunday afternoon services.  I'm sure he will.  He couldn't
commit right away.   

God is Good to me.    

Well enough to think and pray about.   

God Bless 

Mark

-------------------------------------------------------

An amazing update!

Mr. Nang, Minister of Fisheries, called today asking me to come to his home
for dinner.  Wow! Very good night! Definitely a God thing. He wants to take me to
fish farmer in Suong that is raising red fish fryling imported from
Vietnam. 


I have to pay for trip. He is doing this on his own time.
Said fishery department does not want him to promote these fish but he thinks
this is best for me to start with.  He is picking me up at 10:00 am my
time. Things are happening that I have a hard time believing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment