Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Chief


Saturday August 4, 2012

Today was unreal!  

Went to village and took pics. It was a Muslim village right in front of Vietnamese floating village. The photos are definitely the ticket.  Started with children.  Then moms with babies.  Older man was really watching close.  Figured he was the Chief and I was right.   I asked  if he wanted a pic and he said no! But after he talked with Rith some, the Chief wanted to know if I would take his pic. I said yes so he went to his house and got all dressed up for it.  Sending the pic.

Wow! He is chief of village. We talked about me being Christian and him Muslim.  He said I was first Christian that was good to them  and that he thought all Americans hated Muslims.  I asked why he thought that.  Because our country is always killing Muslim people.  I said Muslims kill Christians too. He said only a few bad ones.  But that our goverment does it.  They kill 100's of 1000's.  What could I say?  I'm not really sure how to handle this other than just becoming friends and show them that not all Christians are that way. The same as not all Muslims are the same.  He invited me back. Rith was amazed that he did.  As we were driving away Rith says he is very happy today.  That God has made him lucky (same as blessed) that he met me. I'm like walking on air right now.  Hard to digest it all!    


I will get to talk with him more when I go back.  Others want family pics so will go back next Saturday.  

So does anybody out there feel like God is calling them to wittness to Muslims?  I bet there is a plane leaving every day.  Could us some help.  Just wondering!

When we go back next week I am going to ask if I can come and show the kids movies that I brought with me. That is something that I could use a lot more of.  Good wholesome movies.  Bible stories.  Muslims believe almost the same. So story of Old Testament would be great. Also cartoons.  Maybe someone could start collecting them and when teams come in January bring them.  They could be mailed but need to see how much it would cost.  I believe they will as big as photos. Hope to find out in a week or two. 

If I would of known that there were so many Muslins I would of tried to talk with someone about how go about breaking through.  But maybe I just did.  Only I don't know how to counter their questions about Allah and Jesus.  Any info would be nice. Or the name of book I might be able to download. But first just need to make relationship with no motive. Please keep praying!

I really have to thank God for today.  

When I started out I never knew what was going to happen.  

That's the graetest thing about it.

God is so good! God bless you all and thank you for all your prayers.

Mark













Mark at the Lazy Mekong 
Kampong Cham, Cambodia







No comments:

Post a Comment