Saturday, August 4, 2012

Back to School


Had my first class today.  Was very good.  Don't know just how much I will retain but I made notes so will practice with others.  Was amazing though.  We talked about the Lord before and why I came here.  I told him (Rith) that I had been praying for a young man to help me when I got to Cambodia while I was in the States.  I told him that there are many praying for us over there right now.  He knows more than I thought he did but not quite sure of the depth yet.   But he is definetly a believer. Church this week is a special day. It is at the river.  Two people are getting baptized.  Wouldn't miss that for anything.  Will send pics.
 
Told Rith that would pay him when he went with me to village. He was amazed. So we talked about passing on the blessing we received from God and that I felt I should pay so he was blessed and in turn he can pass some of that on. He understood very well. We talked of Abraham and he new who I was talking about. God is good!    Rith's biggest worry was that he didn't always understand me.  I told him not to worry that if God wants us together that in time he would understand me and I would be able to speak Khmer.  I didn't lead him on saying that we would work together for a long time.  I did say that if God wants us to be partners he will let us know. So we will take it day by day. He thought that was a very good thing to do.
 
It is so different here once you are a friend. It is a big commitment. Not a little thing. When he left he told me I was his friend. That means so much more here than in the States.  It's hard to explain.  But I felt very honored when he said that.  It's like no matter what happens we will be friends.  But on the other hand I would never never do anything to hurt that friendship.  I would go without if it meant that it might cause him any sadness or pain. That goes both ways.

It is almost too big a commitment sometimes when you understand just how deep it goes. But over here all you have is relationships. So you have to treasure them more than gold because firends help firends when money can't.
 
We also talked about how many Muslim there are. He said that they are growing much faster than Christian.  I asked why. Because they will come and live with the people. And they send many many to be with the people so what would you expect.  Rith said they help them a lot more than Christians.  Isn't that strange we are richest country in the world and we don't do near as much as we could.  Especially if it really cost us. I mean we just might have to go without something that we really don't need.  Sorry if this isn't what you want to hear.  I'm just telling you what I see and hear. We actually need so many more missionaries here.  It is unbelievable.  We need to live with the people so they can see us every day. so we can understand them.  From what I have gotten in the little time i've been here is this: the Muslim population is out growing the Christian population by about 10 to 1. Pretty sad if you ask me.  So looks like I have my work layed before me. Pray that I can do what God wants me to do in his time and way. Not Mark's way.
 
That is one reason I didn't want to rent a room. I want to live with them but I have to make relationships in the village first. And that will take some time.  But I believe the Lord wants this time with me so I can get closer to Him and learn the language at least more than I know.
 
Well enough for now.

God Bless and please pray for Rith and myself.

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment