Thursday, August 2, 2012

Rith

 The river has gone up about 3 ft. in 4 days.
Never know if it's from here or China as the Mekong starts in Tibet.


Fish ponds that the NGO put in for the poor Vietnamese.  I told you earlier that they came, only had about 18 months to do so they went through a man here that could get things done fast. Well, he left and he took. That's why it so important to stay with something for the long haul and take your time getting it done. So the ones you came to help really get the benefits also.



Saturday I am taking Rith with me to the village across the river.  Will be able to talk with people then. Rith is the boy I went to church with. He works seven days a week. Eight hours a day for 50.00. Works from 2 pm till 10 pm.  Goes to English 5:30 am till 8 in the morning. He was happy that I would pay him. Said he could help his family with it. WOW! 

I asked him how much he would keep for himself.  Nothing.  Family needs it.  He has everything he needs right now.  But has to use someone else's bike to come to house at 9:00 to teach me.  WOW!  Has everything but nothing and is so happy!  I hope that through the Lord I can get there.

Sorry I missed you today. Was having coffee talking with boy that took me to church. Rith is going to help me with kemar from 9:15 to 10:30 very day it will cost me 2000 reil .50 usd.    I have been thinking  about asking him to be my translator but don't want to be in too big of hurry.  I would have to pay him around 75 to 100 a month.  I would also want to pay for him to go to Bible school.  Maybe with Pastor Adams.  Have to talk with him about that. 

There are positives and negatives to this.  For good it would give me someone that is not out to get just what they can.  That is a big thing here.  Being able trust what they're saying is what you said.  Also would let me teach him what I came here to do. Instead of some one trying to get me to do what they want so they can get the best of it. 

Really the only minus is he is young so it will be harder for him to get respect from the older men.  But I feel God can overcome that one. Need pray on this. Won't  happen right away. Going be spending time with him. Will talk about Jesus, find out more and will be praying with and for him. 

God Bless,   

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment