Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Temple visit and Baptism


August 5, 2012

Well went to a Temple on mountain which overlooks the Mekong river. Very beautiful. It is 20 km north and follows the river. Many Vietnamese and Cambodians.











Was going to take photo printer but not sure just how many I should do because of the cost. It seems to me that I should be doing them in as many villages as I can. At least within 5 km of Kampong Cham. Would set me apart from all the other tourists. Not sure. I bought 50.00 worth. 108 photos for 25.00. I can't really afford too many more. I still have 108 left.

Suppose to go back to the Muslim village this Saturday. The only trouble is I'm not sure will be able to do any fish ponds there for some time. That one's going to take a lot and when we do finally start the
ponds want to make sure it is in the right place. Need to get into many villages and see just were the Lord wants to open the door. What do you think?

Khmer studies are going good. Learning the basics. Pray that God really helps me in this. Being able to talk with people will make a big difference. Using Rith right now. That is going good and he is very happy and blessed.

Sunday baptism was wonderful. Pastor Adams baptized his two oldest children and one Cambodian. Was great to part of that. Pastor Adams is supported by independent Baptist church in Greens-ville, North Carolina.


















Well where was I?

I told Pastor Adams I had the Jesus film. He's not sure he wants to use it. Going to take it to him so he can watch. And beside he is very conservative. There's nothing wrong with but as most now know I'm a little out of the box and some just can't handle that. He is not too sure about doing business and ministry. Didn't get into it much but he did say he has reservations about it. Well he wouldn't be the first that thought i was a little different.

Been emailing Ian. Got one from him today. Said they sold four sheds last week. Thank you, Lord! That made my day.

Not much more to say but it is really hot. 105 degrees today. Not much cooler the last few days. Will be glad when I've been here long enough to be used to the heat and humidity. Really takes a lot out of you. Drinking over 2 liters of a day. Should drink more. Well that's all for now.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment