Friday, August 17, 2012

Island


Here are the pics from the Island.  Don't think the ferry would pass Washington DOT!  

First took pic of lady cooking bananas then man asked if I would go with him. Took a minute to figure what he wanted but finally did. He took me Buddhist Wat (church). He could speak pretty good English. He wanted a photo in front of Temple. Before the first one was done about 20 kids and Monks also wanted a pic. 

Young boys that have very poor family can live at the Wat as long as they study about Buddha and go to school. You don't get orange covering until you show that you are committed to study Buddha's way of life.After take many photos I talked with the head Monk for quite a while about why I was giving away pics.  I told Jesus said I should go out do this cause everyone always taking pics but you never get one. Didn't go into fish ponds. Thought they may want me to do it there. But did say that the Bible says if God bless us we are to pass the blessing on. Not just keep for ourselves.  God told me come to Cambodia and see what I should do to help the poor. It was a very good time. 

Many of the kids sat and listened while we talked so now they know more about Jesus. They do know who He is but only believe that he was very good man.  I told them that I believe he was the Son of God and that when I believed it changed me. He asked how. I told him that before I believed I only did things for myself  but that now I need to do for others. He was pretty amazed at that. 

I think it was very good day. I know that I really felt good after that.  Kind of funny though. The 2 of the 3
places I took photos were at a Muslim village and Wat. Don't know what God will do with it but relationship are the most important. And I believe that God wants us to love everyone not just those that are like us. Anyway here are the pics. 

Oh ya, going back to Muslim village tomorrow.

Pray that God really does something there. Will take time. But that'sone thing I have.   

God Bless
























No comments:

Post a Comment